Written by: Jay H.
Every day, we receive a barrage of emails. In the midst of hundreds of spam emails, it’s really easy to miss important emails. Thankfully, in just a few steps, you can create rules to ensure you never miss out on important communications. Here’s how to create rules in Apple Mail.
- Open Apple Mail, then click Mail > Preferences. In the pop-up, click the Rules tab.
- On the right-hand side, click Add Rule.
- Create your rule using the following parameters:
- Description: Name the rule something informative and unique that describes the rule’s purpose.
- Under the “If any of the following conditions are met” section, choose the appropriate conditions for your rule. For instance, if you want to apply the rule to one specific sender, change “contains” to “equals to” and write the name of the sender.
- Under the “Perform the following actions” section, choose what action you want to occur. You can send notifications to your desktop, play a sound, change the colour of that message, redirect it, delete it, flag it, or mark it as read. Once you’ve finished, press OK.
- Choose whether you want that rule to apply to the messages already in your inbox, then you’ve finished!
That’s all there is to create rules in Apple Mail. If you need help with creating Apple Mail, or if you have other technical problems, please contact us now. An expert support technician can help you resolve all of your IT issues in a fast and cost-effective manner.
Comments are closed.