Written by: Jay H.
Your small-medium business may be losing out on prospective customers. Your online marketing strategy might be either non-existent or lacking and you’re making it hard for your prospects to convert or even find you. However, don’t fret, as we have actionable steps you can take right now to improve your firm’s online strategy. Let’s go over strategies that will help convert more online visitors into clients.
1. Be Strategic
An alarming amount of small-business websites don’t offer anything of value to their visitors. They don’t give their prospective customers any reason to choose them, and even if they want to convert, many websites are outdated, confusing, or incomplete. You need to give your visitors reasons to convert and guide them along the process. You can do this through the following practices:
- Clearly state the benefits and features of your products or services. What makes you stand out from your competitors? Why should your prospective customers choose you over them?
- Optimize your landing page so visitors take the final leap to convert.
- Have a clear call-to-action (CTA) through buttons and links. For example, do you want customers to buy a product, book an appointment, or contact you? You must clearly state what you want visitors to do and entice them to take that action.
- Include testimonials from previous customers. Up to 92 percent of customers read online reviews, and 72 percent will take action only after reading a positive testimonial. Happy customers make more happy customers, so be sure to collect reviews and post them where your prospects can easily view them.
- Have visible contact information so visitors can get in touch if they need more information.
- Include live chat on your website so prospects can immediately get in contact with your business. Free options include Tawk To and Tidio.
- Offer registration for newsletters, eBooks, and more promotional material.
2. Qualify Your Leads
Lead qualification involves determining which prospects are likely to convert into customers. If you’re wasting time advertising to people unlikely to convert, you’re essentially flushing money down the toilet. A few ways you can qualify your leads include:
- Including quizzes, surveys, and questionnaires on your website.
- Looking at analytics.
- Identifying which problems prospects face and if your solution is right for them.
3. Remove Barriers To Convert
If your prospective client runs into barriers when trying to convert, chances are they’ll quickly become frustrated and take their business elsewhere. You need to remove any barriers that prevent your prospects from taking your desired action. Some examples of how you can do this include:
- Remove the risk of buying. Offer free trials, returns, money-back guarantees, or other risk-free to put clients at ease.
- Make converting and paying hassle-free so that clients don’t have to jump through hoops to get your product or service.
- Don’t require an excessive amount of information to register for newsletters, eBooks, and other promotional material. Usually, their name and email should suffice. Make sure they consent to receive further contact from your business.
- Include a privacy statement with appropriate assurances for how you handle the information prospects submit.
4. Use Social Media Channels
Nowadays, 82 percent of North Americans are on social media. That’s a massive trove of potential customers that you need to tap into! Your social media accounts can help you generate leads, target qualified audiences, and connect with your customers. Many businesses use social media as their main online marketing strategy, and it’s not difficult to see why. A few strategies you can use for social media include:
- Hosting giveaways and contests for liking your profile or page and sharing some content.
- Posting high-quality content regularly and including CTAs. Some post ideas include links to your blog articles, testimonials, case studies, products, services, and funny posts.
- Promotions, discounts, and deals on your products or services.
5. Experiment Through A/B Testing
A/B testing lets you compare the performance of different landing pages or CTAs with one another. This enables you to determine which performs the best and converts more clients to optimize your strategy further. Continue to test and experiment so you can maximize your conversion rates. Remember: just because you like something doesn’t mean your prospects will.
Convert More Prospects
Stop losing out on potential customers. Incorporate these strategies into your online marketing campaign and easily improve your conversion rates. If you’re interested in getting a custom website for your business that converts visitors, please contact us today for our web design services.
Comments are closed.