When Microsoft first released Windows 10 in 2015, they warned that upgrading the operating system would be free for only a limited period. However, nearly six years later, an easy method to upgrade to Windows 10 still exists. If you’re using Windows 7 or 8.x and want to update, here’s how to upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
How To Upgrade To Windows 10 For Free
Note: This method requires that your PC runs a licensed and activated copy of Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro.
- Visit the Download Windows 10 page on the Microsoft website.
- Under Create Windows 10 installation media, click Download tool now to download the Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Click Accept to accept the notices and license terms and install the tool.
- Choose Upgrade this PC now and click next.
- Windows 10 will start downloading. The installation may take a while, and your PC may restart several times.
Why Should I Upgrade?
If you’re still using Windows 7 or an older edition of Windows, it’s time to update.
Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 in January 2020. This means that the operating system no longer receives critical security updates, software updates, nor technical support. Those PCs still running older operating systems are at greater risk of viruses and malware.
Therefore, we strongly recommend you update your PC as soon as possible to Windows 10 for security purposes.
If you need help updating your personal or business devices to Windows 10, reach out today and see how we can help.
Comments are closed.